Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Child sexual abuse lawsuit against Gerald Derstine

By Sarah Odegaard

Today we are filing a lawsuit against an internationally known religious leader, Gerald Derstine, for sexually abusing a girl when she was an 11 years old. Derstine is the founder and chairman of the board of Gospel Crusade, Inc. and Gospel Crusade Ministerial Fellowship based in Bradenton, Florida. The abuse happened at Gospel Crusade’s Strawberry Lake Retreat in Northern Minnesota between 2007 and 2009. Our client is now only 14 years old. Our suit also names Gospel Crusade, Inc. and Gospel Crusade Ministerial Fellowship, who employed Destine, gave him access to kids, and failed to keep kids safe, including our client. Gospel Crusade is responsible for Derstine because he is their leader and their employer. Derstine is a child predator and a pedophile, and a leader of a church. This is always a dangerous equation. By bringing this suit, we hope to expose Derstine, and hold Derstine and the Gospel Crusade ministries responsible. We also want to make sure if there are any other survivors who were abused by Derstine that they feel that they are not alone and may be able to come forward to seek healing. We also aim to prevent future harm to kids by bringing this suit. In a story in today’s Star Tribune, Derstine denies abusing our client, saying there was “nothing sexual whatsoever.” In documents we are releasing today, Derstine admits to abusing our minor client here in a taped telephone call by police. In a letter authored by Derstine to our client and her mother, here, Derstine begs for forgiveness for his inappropriate intimacy with our client, and pleads with her and her mother to cancel the ongoing criminal investigation, even offering to compensate them for their costs. Otherwise, he writes, he could be thrown in jail and convicted by an “unchristian” jury. Derstine also writes that “if they continue and decide to have me arrested and put in jail, this would put an end to my ministry and give a bad reputation to Strawberry Lake Christian Retreat and probably cause that place to close down.” Once again, a church is much more concerned with their image than with the protection and safety of children. This evil pedophile and the church that protected him need to be held responsible for harming an innocent child.

210 comments:

  1. Thank you for doing this work to expose the abuse of children by trusted adults. It's an enormously complex and intricate problem, but all your cases help break all the ways society has of not dealing openly with the problem and hearing the victim's story. The denial, the "quick fix now don't talk about it", the "keep it in the family/church/organization", the blame the victim. Eventually, slowly, we get to the hard work of actually dealing with it.

    Allan (molested age 9 and 12 by trusted adults)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot view the file with the letter-

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still can't see the letter Gerald wrote to the mother -I can see the phone call, but when I click on the letter it does not come up--Can you fix it??

    ReplyDelete
  4. You don't even know this man but choose to believe what this woman's "high powered" attorney is saying by twisting what little facts he has. Why don't you just wait until ALL the facts come out before you stone the man. How about investigating the girls estranged father who physically abused her mother for years.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree. I personally know Gerald and his family. I myself was a little girl growing up with Gerald and his Grandaughters. I never once felt uncomfotable by him in anyway. The Derstine family has a lot of money invested in land and the ministry. This girl and her mother are almost certainly unstable and after the money. God will prevail and give him justice.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is unfortunate that this lawyer would seem to relish destroying someone's life work by insinuating from a contrite letter the guilt of Gerald Derstine. Of course, he would want this not to be announced probably because he didn't do anything of the kind. But, the press and opportunitic lawyers desire headlines and salaciousness to be the lead in a story that may or may not be true. God will show who is right and wrong here.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Check out the control call where Gerald admits what he did to the little girl. The letter he wrote to the family surely convicted himself. What about the other victim or victims, hopefully they will now have the courage to come forward knowing they are not alone anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  8. As far as the Derstines having a lot of money, I don't believe they do.
    The Churches and property belong to the organization or the people that have donated to the ministry, not the Derstines. They may or may not own their homes. However, you may check out the loans they have taken out against their properties on Manatee government sites. I don't believe this is about money, it is about taking care of children that are in harms way while attending camps or church activities at the Retreats. Finally they have been caught.

    ReplyDelete
  9. To the person above who has known Gerald Derstine all their life. We had a 'Minister' come into our community who people had known for years as well. I heard nothing but good about the guy. I knew of many people he had prayed for. So when I went for prayer, I felt I would receive help. This man touched nearly every part of my body ...in fact, he bruised my crotch, banged his front side on my backside while having me bend over frontwards ...he left nothing untouched. I was so stunned that I couldn't do anything but stand/sit there. When it was over, I felt nothing but shame. I kept it to myself for a while and when I finally told someone, I found that he has done things like this to several women over the years, some are still trying to recover. I called his supervisor who told me later that he had admitted it and that he was sorry. He is still ministering today. This is crazy. If I weren't a strong Christian I would so lose it for Christianity. We have to be so careful in today's world. There are many false prophets among us ...it's only through the Holy Spirit that we can know. We need to pray more and quit making judgements on our own! It shouldn't have to happen to us, our daughters or our mother before we 'know'. The Bible says that the Holy Spirit will lead us into all truth. Let's pray that more Christians pray for truth before more people are hurt.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I feel this is the most shocking,that anyone who knows Pastor Gerald,that these unfounded,and hated word that he is not a good man,I have and do know Pastor Gerald,and he would Never violate a person ,he is a man with great personality,and a man of his word,he is the most humble person I know!These words are nothing but to make money,the things that I am most sad about how they can tear Pastor Destine apart without the facts!This family is attacking brother Gerald out of revenge because he had to let the mother go from work.I know and believe he will be cleared of all this and He will continue the work that GOD has called him to do and that and he will be victorious over this because the God he serves is one of truth and as for this family I do not know how they sleep at night,the word of God says do not touch the ones that I have CHOSEN!!Pastor Gerald I stand and am praying this will come to an end!I am fully behind you and will be praying for you ,your friend in Canada,Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Kathy, check out the facts. Sept 19, 2009 Gerald wrote a letter to the victim asking or should I say begging for forgiveness and to stop the case against him. Gerald says on page 3 of his letter, "however, now I realize some of my actions or intimacy were unacceptable and offensive to you. This thought is devestating (as he spelled the word) to me and I feel very sorry. Now, I am asking for your mercy and forgiveness. I am willing to take the blame; are you willing to forgive?"
    Note page 4 of his letter he states "You have the power to do this. If they continue and decide to have me arrested and put in jail; this would put an end to my ministry and give a bad reputation to Strawberry Lake Christian Retreat and probably cause that place to close down" "If I would be brought to court and be tried by an unChristian jury, it is possible I could be thrown in prison."
    Wow, sounds guilty of some improper conduct. And the phone call, really , you must have read that. My heart goes out to this young lady and I pray for her continued courage everyday. She is a an angel to many others because she may be saving others this pain.
    The retreat has had a history of covering up sexual assault. Look at the person above, she called the Retreat to ask about the person that prayed for her. Or should I say assaulted her. He graduated from IOM, Institute of Ministry from Christian Retreat. Go figure!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dear Lord, protect this young lady and give her supernatural strength
    through this horrible situation that she should have never had to go through. It was not her fault or her mothers, it was the sexual predators fault. To go after a vulnerable child is so sickly minded.
    God Bless you dear young lady and I will be praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. To the woman who stated that a well known minister "banged" her and others around, and touched them ......You need to do something about it sister.....you are enableing this man......get your head out of the sand and talk to the authorities......the biggest mistake one can make is not saying anything......we need to question those in authority........their will always be wolves among the sheep..... don't be afraid to expose the enemy......do it for others and yourself.....get the other women you mentioned that he did this to as well and deal with this unjust situation.......you will never get over this otherwise.......we have laws to protect us.....Do not fear, the Lord is with you.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those of us who knew Gerald cannot help but be saddened, but the taped police phone call says it all. Very sad.

    ReplyDelete
  15. To the person who suggested that I report this to the authorities. This will be shocking ...but it is truth. I reported it and the 'Sexual Investigator' for our county, sent by the Sheriff's Department, came to my office to take my statement. He was horrified at my story, he showed anger and called this guy a preditor of the worst kind. I felt some relief after giving my statement, but it wasn't until I received prayer that I felt that I was cleansed from the whole ordeal. Within six months I read in our local paper that this Investigator had been charged with child molestation ...he is in prison. Also, to add to this, I reported this to the molestor's supervisor. I mentioned that earlier. He told me that he had been repremanded and was sorry for his actions. I asked where he was now and he said that he was still ministering to people across the US. Now ...want the REAL shocker???? The Derstines were aware that this man was doing these things and they helped to stop him from being tried by telling the State Attorney's Office that when these things happen during prayer it's not a violation, because it's consensual. Does this automatically make Mr. Derstine guilty? No ...but it does make one wonder why he took the stance he did. Yes, there ARE wolves among us. I trust very few people ....the ones who 'call themselves' Christians are many times no different than those who don't.

    ReplyDelete
  16. So, what is this mans name or the name of his ministry? Who is his supervisor that is letting him continue to minister to people after confessing to Mr. Derstine and his own supervisor?

    ReplyDelete
  17. Dear Lord, please protect this young lady while going through the court system and give her strength beyond her years. She is very brave. Bless her more than she could ever imagine.

    ReplyDelete
  18. An addition to the comment above. No one is safe. I live in a very rural, remote area of Minnesota. It's about as safe a place as there could be. This guy found his way into our safe little community. We are a very trusting people. We are close knit and loving. We open our homes to people. Never again .....

    ReplyDelete
  19. What is this mans name or ministry name? He may have come through our church and hurt people too. Did you say he travels all over the country praying for people? Does he have a family? How does he travel around?

    ReplyDelete
  20. Here you go .... www.keysofhealing.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. And then, if you'd like you can read this as well: http://murraysteininger.com/

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is the man that the Derstines helped! This is the site mentioned above. Yes!

    This site is dedicated to those who have been wounded by Murray Steininger's "Keys of Healing" ministry.
    If you have been left confused or hurting, please know that there are many like you.

    In response to requests for more information about our knowledge of this ministry we have put together the following note and thought you may be interested as well:

    We and many friends had extensive exposure to Murray's ministry over the course of several years. During that time Murray crossed ethical and legal boundaries. He skillfully created strong emotional bonds, then used threat of abandonment when his methods were questioned. He encouraged secrecy about what went on in private prayer sessions, and he habitually used graphic sexual conversation and sexual touch as a supposed means to deliverance. His wife was present during these sessions and compared her role to that of the wife of a gynecologist. The ministry relationship with us ended when, upon being challenged, the Steiningers turned the blame upon their victim, accused her of harming them (a common tactic of perpetrators), and left, adding to the abuse and trauma already inflicted. She is currently receiving ongoing counseling and is recovering from Murray's abuse and the abuse of her past, which had left her vulnerable to this type of covert predator.
    Because Murray has been unwilling to admit or make amends for his abuse and because we have subsequently found out that he has abused others, we feel compelled to share this information, hoping to prevent more abuse and to be a piece of the healing journey for those who are recovering.

    We hope this is helpful. We're praying that Father blesses you abundantly.


    webmaster@murraysteininger.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. The file to view the letter is a PDF, you may need to install a PDF reader in order to see the letter. Go here to download - http://get.adobe.com/reader/

    ReplyDelete
  24. I hope and pray we will see and hear more justice and truth prevail in all these situations that have been mentioned above. The devil hates all people... he doesn't care if your a christian or an atheist... anybody will do...Let's get real...Let's pray! J.F.C.

    ReplyDelete
  25. We must remember this .....we are all guilty of sin. If we weren't God wouldn't have sent Jesus. But this is the thing I think a lot of people are forgetting ...guilt requires repentance ....if these people who are hurting people would confess, repent and turn from their sins, healing could begin ....forgiveness could happen. But they continue on, thinking that if they can get people to BELIEVE that they are innocent, it somehow makes them so. With that in mind, we must be very careful that we are not standing with the fowler, as this is a dangerous place to be ....we may be as guilty as they are ...or at least, we may be helping them to continue in their sin.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Lord, I ask you to strengthen this mother and daughter as they go through the challenges ahead of them in this court case. I ask you Lord, to send them encouragers, prayer warriors, friends, and surround them with people that believe in them and love them. In Jesus Name I ask. Lord I thank you for this family.

    ReplyDelete
  27. THE PEOPLE WHO KNOW AND LOVE GERALD DERSTINE DON.T WANT TO BELIEVE THAT HE COULD AND WOULD DO SUCH AN ACT .HOWEVER THE BIBLE SAYS THAT WE ALL HAVE SINNED AND COME SHORT OF THE GLORY OF GOD.GERALD BY HIS OWN WORDS HASSTATED WHAT HE DID .HE HAS CONVICTED HIMSELF .MAY THE LORD GIVE HIM THE GRACE TO TRULY REPENT AND GO THROUGH THE DISIPLINE THAT FOLLOWS .I PRAY FOR THE GIRL AND FAMILY THAT THEY WILL BE ABLE TO FORGIVE AND THAT THEY WILL RECEIVE HEALING.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Dear Lord Jesus, please protect this young lady and her mother. Give them peace as they sleep tonight. Thank you Jesus.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Can plaintiff's attorney say where the actual audio is of the police tape? Can that be heard?

    ReplyDelete
  30. I heard Gerald was arrested and bond was paid for his release. Supposedly it was on the news, is this true? Anyone see it and if so what channel.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Dear Lord, Thank you for this mother and daughter. They have done the right thing to come forward and report Gerald for this horrible thing he has done to them. Continue to give them strength and courage as they go forward each day. Touch their hearts with peace. Thank you Jesus!

    ReplyDelete
  32. I do not see anything on the internet about any arrest. That's one thing I do not understand, why he was not arrested if they claim to have his voice on tape admitting it. The stories don't jive.

    ReplyDelete
  33. This is a civil case and that is the difference.

    ReplyDelete
  34. As I understand it, you don't go to jail for a civil case. It is settled monetarily. Only if the state gets back involved would he be arrested if I understand it correctly.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Dear Jesus, Please give this young lady your peace tonight as she sleeps. Give her mom the patience and understanding that this horrible situation needs at this time. I ask that you send them many friends to hold them up and encourage them. They are loved. Thank you Jesus.

    ReplyDelete
  36. I know this is a civil case, but how can a man supposedly admit on audio that he kissed and touched a young girl and not be arrested.it does not make sense.

    ReplyDelete
  37. To the woman who was bruised by Murray, touched everywhere on your body, etc., my story is identical. Although I'm sorry this happened to you, it's somehow theraputic to hear your story. Thanks for being brave enough to talk. Now my husband and I are trying for figure out what our next step should be. Anonymous

    ReplyDelete
  38. wow, another victim by Murray, that makes several now. First off, file a police report ASAP to your county sheriffs office. Contact your local rape crises agency as I did and they should be able to help you with the rest. They have people that are very supportive and will take you through the whole process if you decide to prosecute. They will counsel you as you work through this horrible assault until you are better. The state you live in hopefully will take the case and it will cost you no money just time and energy. I learned that. Did you know that the Derstines helped Murray to escape being convicted as the gal stated above. Anderson advocate may be able to help you out. Call them ask for Sandy or anybody.

    ReplyDelete
  39. Having known Gerald for years it to me too was inconceivable he could do such a thing - BUT if he has confessed, no matter how little an action may seem to be - IT IS WRONG TO VIOLATE ANYONES PRIVACY LIKE THAT NEVER MIND A CHILD's - HE CONFESSED SO NEEDS TO GO TO FULL PUNISHMENT no matter how much it hurts his image or anyone else!!! That way healing will come to all involved.
    HIS SON is AGAIN not facing reality by saying his father is naive - he is a grown man and DOES KNOW BETTER-!!! The Derstine family needs to get real and after all these years of covering up things like this at both retreats to tell truth - that is why they have lost most church members in the last few years...over all the lies and covering up of truths! We are praying for the young girl to not blame herself and stay close to the Lord. God is not happy but cannot go against our will - God is not to blame for our actions! We are also praying for the many people out there who believed in the Derstines, supported them and now have to see the reality of this situation go on.

    ReplyDelete
  40. Can someone tell me how a man admits these things on a police tape and is not arrested-this does not make sense.

    ReplyDelete
  41. There are several reasons this can happen. Usually because the state has only so much money for cases and they have to decide how best to spend the money. Or, they just messed up. Government-that says it all.

    ReplyDelete
  42. I still cannot view the letter. I downloaded adobe, why can I see the phone call transcript and not the letter?

    ReplyDelete
  43. The site below will take you to andersonadvocates and on the right side down below 7-28-10 click on "Derstine letter to Jane Doe"

    You should be able to see it here.
    http://www.andersonadvocates.com/NewsListing.aspx?ID=277

    ReplyDelete
  44. I am wondering how far Murray's 'ministry' travels? I knew that he had been in areas of Florida, and I knew that he had ministered in another midwestern state, but I am so curious to know where others have been hurt by him? How far does this man go to 'minister' to people. Again, I am from rural Minnesota ....where are the others from that this Murray has hurt?

    ReplyDelete
  45. Thank you, I was finally able to view the letter.

    ReplyDelete
  46. Who has the audio of Gerald's phone call with the plaintiff?? Can it be heard??

    ReplyDelete
  47. I also think that it would be important to hear the actual phone call to determine exactly how and what was said. Let's pray for truth to prevail.

    ReplyDelete
  48. Yes, so where is the audio??

    ReplyDelete
  49. The audio is most likely at the State Attorney office where it is filed. It only makes sense to have it in hard copy so it can be easily read and used as a working copy. The originals of all documents and tapes are kept on file. Who would want to listen to the horrible statements Gerald
    made to the victim anyway. This transcript is exactly as it is said on the tape. The stuttering included.

    ReplyDelete
  50. I would like to hear it-so there would be no doubt-I just cannot understand how with the evidence he was not arrested. That's why I want to hear this tape.

    ReplyDelete
  51. If the audio is released it could hurt the victim again. Would you want your control call done with a detective all over the internet so people would know you are the victim by hearing your voice. Let's not traumatize the young lady anymore. The written document is the exact wording from the perpetrator to the victim. When it goes to court, sit in on it if you have doubt. Until then, let the victim be unidentified. Trust your court system.

    ReplyDelete
  52. It will never get to court--I don't have to hear the victim, I know Gerald-I want to hear his voice-If you are going to make public allegations-then release the audio-My feeling is the Derstines will settle this-

    ReplyDelete
  53. My family and I have received ministry from Murray several times this year and have always only felt God's peace during and afterwards. We have gotten both physical and emotional healing and deliverance and are very greatful that Murray has been obedient to God in responding to the call on his life. He is a man of prayer, and when he prays or "ministers" to people, the Holy Spirit is definitely present. This cannot happen when someone is a false prophet or living in sin. I know there are a lot of paranoid people out there, and many who have been hurt by churches and/or pastors. I myself have been deeply wounded emotionaly and spiritually by a pastor. Because of this, I was extremely cautious the first several times I received ministry from Murray. However, because I received healing each time he prayed for me, whether over the phone or in person (my family received healing each time as well), I continued to contact him for ministry and received more and more healing each and every time. Murray has never violated me in any way. Actually, because of Murray, I am now ready to step into the call of God on my own life and minister healing and deliverance to others. Prior to receiving ministry from him, I was afraid to step into this God-given call due to the emotional wounds that were very deep before I received ministry from him. God has put in on my heart to support his ministry and family in prayer daily. The body of Christ needs more people like Murray who have a genuine heart to see people set free from physical and emotional wounds and bondages. May God bless his ministry and duplicate it a thousand times over!

    For the record, I believe this blog was set up by the same people who have written the negative article (copied and pasted above) about Murray's ministry.

    ReplyDelete
  54. I love the Lord with all my heart, I have two children of my own, and work with children throughout our county every day. Crimes against children mortify my spirit..and my prayers go out to the families who ecperience these things.

    I also know that regardless of what facts this site says are against this man, they have not been tried and proven in a court of law at ALL. It grieves me to hear people condemn others by taking the word of those who are trying to promote there cause and taking it as truthg without any verification other than an article. As far as I'm concerned until someone is proven guilty beyond th shadow of a doubt in a court of law they are innocent. Yes...there are thos who slip through the cracks, but who are we to be quick to judge without even truely knowing. Of course those fighting for the child will try to make there case beforee hand and try to sway the people in there favor. I would too. Why don't we pray..with a sicere heart of love for both parties involved, and ask the Holy Spitit to reveal the truth and bring forth justice, and that peace rule in the hearts of these families. God forgive us and let Your mercy flow like a river and justice be served. In the Name of Jesus.

    ReplyDelete
  55. Just so those of you who seem to think this is about money its not. The mother was and had always been a volunteer working for no pay just to serve the Lord. She was not "fired".

    ReplyDelete
  56. By the way, she quit after she found out what had happened to her daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  57. For the record, I believe that the person who wrote the glowing piece about Murray above is his wife. She has always defended his craziness, even comparing herself to the wife of a gynecologist. Why in the world would she compare herself to that type of doctor if her husband were just laying his hands on the top of someone's head, or touching their arm? It's because she KNOWS what he is doing. For those who doubt it, why don't you ask her? Let's see if she is an honest person and will admit that this is how he 'ministers'. PEOPLE ....WAKE UP .....we are in the last days!!! False prophets, remember???? Every time I think of his way of ministering, I can't help but wonder how many men would be OK if their wives were ministering and praying for a man ....and grabbing his genitalia while praying? This is so beyond crazy....and people who defend this type of thing need deliverance ministry themselves.

    ReplyDelete
  58. The "glowing piece" written above was NOT writted by his wife. Our family just met Murray a few months ago, and we are so very glad we did! The healing that we each received is something we have been waiting for for several years. For our family, Murray is God's answer to our many years of prayer for wholeness.

    Media from any source, has a way of swaying it's readers into believing what they want them to. It's really sad that anti-Christian people can sway the Body of Christ so easily. Yes, we really are living in the last days.

    While it's true that false prophets will perform miracles, what is not true is that the Spirit of the Lord is present with them. There is no doubt that the Spirit of the Lord ministers through Murray bringing freedom and peace to all who receive the Father's healing touch. "Where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is Freedom".

    ReplyDelete
  59. Do you have any idea what it feels like to be abused by someone like this and then have another person accuse you of being 'anti-Christian' and accuse those who are finally coming forward to tell what happened to them liars? This is exactly why people go into hiding ...this is exactly why children are abused and molested for years and years and years ....and never tell. They know that the abuser will deny it and people will believe them. Keep in mind that an abuser doesn't abuse everyone they come into contact with. They pick and choose. God have mercy on those who cover for these people. God have mercy on those who condemn those of us who come forward. I've seen the wrath of God come down on those who call the innocent guilty. It's not a pretty picture ....

    ReplyDelete
  60. You are so right!! Contact Anderson Advocates and let's hope they can help with the above issues.

    ReplyDelete
  61. check this out: http://www.christianitytoday.com/ct/1995/september1/5ta064.html

    Midwest Leaders FALSIFIED MINISTRY REPORTS

    ReplyDelete
  62. The family never asked Gerald to minister the girl.

    ReplyDelete
  63. The above address doesn't always come up about the Midwest Leaders,
    Derstine Falsified Ministry Reports , keep trying

    ReplyDelete
  64. Can't sleep ....thinking of all the people out there who have been hurt by people proclaiming to be 'ministers of the Word'. If I could just make sense of it all. What is it all coming to? How can these people do this and do it in the name of God? I am sickened. I am afraid. I have been hurt. I long to tell someone who will understand. Who will believe me?

    ReplyDelete
  65. Dear Can't Sleep, this blog is for the sharing so you can have hope, healing and maybe help prevent others from being hurt in the same way you and I have been. The first step in healing so you can live again is to tell your story. I will understand, I will believe you. Looks like other bloggers have similar stories and have shared them, it is the biggest step to healing as far as for me. Try it, you can't loose just make sure you post it anonymous for your protection. I will check back to see your story and pray for you. Then on to the next step that worked for me.

    ReplyDelete
  66. ANDERSON _ TELL US WHAT IS GOING ON NOW _ NOTHING BUT ONE PRESS RELEASE _ DID HE PAY YOU ALL OFF OR ARE YOU DOING SOMETHING TO SEE HE GETS A CIVIL TRIAL SO HE GETS PUNISHED _ OR IS IT REALLY TRUE AT ALL?? _ YOU LEFT IT UP IN THE AIR AND SO NOW ALL WE SEE ARE THESE POSTINGS FROM OTHERS BUT NOTHING FROM YOUR OFFICE _ TIME FOR ANOTHER PRESS RELEASE OR CONFERENCE _ OR ARE YOU JUST FOR THE MONEY and NOT THE ABUSED AFTER ALL????SPEAK UP!

    ReplyDelete
  67. There are articles about his falsifying Israel accounts - you need to look into the Arab Said (Sayde) Almagathe /Romania "miracles" and the money sent to Said and the Romanian leader Cornell, as well....talk about false stuff! He is taking hundred of thousands from people and Pastors for Romania all funneled through PLO Arab Said in Hylhol, PLO territory in Israel..

    ReplyDelete
  68. where are you finding that info? Would like to know more as we had given money for Israel many times and finally realized it wasn't going where he said it would go. Someone we know went to Israel with him and told us.

    ReplyDelete
  69. all of these "anonymous" statements have absolutely no impact or effect on the alleged incidents involving keys of healing....we need these people to have the courage to come forward and present their names and cases to the authorities and the communities and the websites...others can then attest to their character....this is finally what happened involving the sex scandals in the Catholic Church...the wave of people was so overwhelming the church could not deny it anymore...otherwise it is just rumor and gossip...if these alleged incidents are true, stand up and come forward now

    ReplyDelete
  70. The legal system has some of the incidents on record as you have read above. If you know the legal system and how long it takes to get anything done you would understand. There is also documentation that is being kept confidential so the victims are not victimized further. Until he is charged, there is no press release. That is the law. No more can be said incase it goes to trial.

    ReplyDelete
  71. ...very,very lame excuse...so while victims are "protecting" themselves (from what i'm not sure), others may be getting injured...to everyone that was injured, you need to come forward now with your NAMES, stories, and communities you live in...the only reason for not doing this is you are lying and maybe holding out for a money settlement to keep your silence...it is time to put up or shut up.

    ReplyDelete
  72. Why do you want my name-to harass me? Why do you want to hear the story-are you perverted? One story is listed in the postings, and other victims have commented that it was the same or about the same for them when this man "prayed" or really molested and or raped them. A couple of the communities have been stated above in a couple postings. So, to comment on your statement to put up or shut up, many have already PUT UP on this blog, so we have not and will not shut up about this. This man has been sent away from more than one church or town because he is an abuser.

    ReplyDelete
  73. Yes, I agree with the above statements that without hearing the actual phone conversation, it is easy to persuade the readers that Derstine is guilty. Also, all that has been said about Murray, is from the same couple of people who no doubt know each other well, and keep posting over and over again on this blog site. Sounds to me like someone has it in for these two men. Could it be related to their own personal, emotional struggles, which existed prior to their meeting these two Godly ministers? That is likely so. Also, Anderson Advocates targets Christian Ministries. That's why they were called anti-Christian earlier in this blog.

    ReplyDelete
  74. I can't believe this last comment. Exacty how is it in any way "Christian" to automatically side with these so called "Godly ministers" when the evidence screams that they are NOT Godly and you know for a fact that a child has been sexually abused? What God champions self-promoting "Holy men" who systematically abuse their power for wealth and sex and disregards an innocent child? That attitude is utterly peverse beyond comprehension.

    ReplyDelete
  75. There is absolutely no evidence against these ministries whatsoever. Anything can be misread, or read into. Unlike God, our minds are not finite. We do NOT know all things. As human beings, we can be so easily persuaded not only by what we read and hear, but also by our own thoughts. Each of us has a past.....things in our lives from the time we are born to now, that shape the way we think and the way we view other people and the world around us. It breaks my heart to see the many wounded, not only by "ministers", but also, innocent ministers being hurt by the "wounded". I, myself, am a minister of healing to the broken and wounded as well as a chaplain. I have been professionally trained to listed without being judgmental. God has also entrusted me with the "gift of listening"...listening to the pain that arises from the depths of those who have been wounded. As I am listening, I am also very aware that unless these hurts are healed by the Fathers' love, these precious, wounded people, will likely turn around and hurt others...so the cycle continues. Let us not be so quick to judge as we have been in the past. Remember, "hurt people will hurt people". I have found this to be true, not only in my own life, but I witness this horrendous cycle being repeated over and over again in the lives of God's people towards God's people. Isn't that just like the enemy of our souls? Our adversary, the devil, loves to use God's people (Christians) to hurt and condemn other Christians...our brothers ans sisters in Christ. Satan love's nothing more than to bring down any and all ministries that work to promote God the Fathers' love and healing touch, because they work to put an end to this vicious cycle of hurting one another. Revelation 12:10 calls Satan the "accuser of the brethren".

    ReplyDelete
  76. Some of this blogging is getting out of hand.....let's examine our OWN hearts for a while....take a break from this blog.....I haven't looked at this site for a few weeks until today and am sad to see what some of you are doing. Stop the hatred!! Chose this day who you will serve.....Let's be about the father's buisness....If we look to man, some will fail us...That's why we need to look to the author and perfecter of our faith, Jesus.I am so sorry for those who have been hurt, Jesus sent the Holy Spirit to comfort us. Don't let the enemy take control of your minds. Ask the Holy Spirit to renew you and heal you. Release all this hurt to your Savior Jesus. The truth always comes out! Be patient. Read Gal 5:22

    ReplyDelete
  77. Anderson advocates does not go after christian ministries. They go after individuals who have committed crimes. Just because they are in the ministry does not mean they are above the law. And to the people that think there is no evidence you are either very simple minded or you must be trying to proof that you are not guilty. There is plenty evidence. So you can say what ever you want against the victims, and it does not change the truth.

    ReplyDelete
  78. (Human Law) and (Jesus Law) in the NT BIBLE.. are very different....A witness for Jesus and witness in a court room trial... Are very different ...

    The big question is understanding two kinds of (forgivness)... When a a person who love's Jesus... say's please forgive me..or I forgive you.... That is not admiting too earthly quilt.. That is how a christan loves anyone that feels any disconfort or pain... It is not an admittence too guilt...

    Time too read the word of God and see what side you are on... For me Im with Jesus 100%

    Not human law...

    Heaven's master is God and satan is the master of earth.. Be in this world not of it...
    earthly Law holds you in this world... and trys too distract the voice of Jesus and the mind... DO FALL FOR IT!!!Gods
    Law sets us FREE...

    I think the court system cast stones and play's games and needs too re-exam Jesus truth... It all needs too be
    re-work in the name of Jesus (Bible) her on earth....

    Stand up for christ and DO NOT GET SUCKED INTO
    THE WHOLE LEGAL SYSTEM..... YOU GET IN THAT ...HOLD ON TIGHT AND TRUTH WILL SET YOU FREE NOT BY THE COURT SYSTEM..(JESUS) and his GRACE

    ReplyDelete
  79. Apparently you do not understand the bible. Most christians believe in being a law abiding citizens apparently you do not. It is people like you that makes it harder to reach people with the good news of the gospel.

    ReplyDelete
  80. Thank you for seeing my point.... (Jesus law) and (earthly Law) are very different...

    (Trial Witness) and (Christ witness) are two different worlds..

    They do not go together.. because our court system has failed us... It has become a legal game... and everyone knows it...

    Gods "will" is not too convict and convict...
    It has gotten too the point... that it matters not who gets convicted as long as someone does.. (thats wrong)

    Jesus was convicted... Think about that...

    You can't serve two masters (Money) and (God) and our earthly law needs re-working.. it is failing... I stay Jesus Law

    Blessing too you

    ReplyDelete
  81. Children that are abused need
    support and too feel safe too come forward-
    But the court system will drag those kids through very wounding questioning. Just maybe the mother is a Gold digger and used her own child too win a cash settlement.Makesure the child is not abused in her family first before we look out-side ones family.Many people get hurt when a (GOLD DIGGER) is in the mix.

    ReplyDelete
  82. Again......This bickering needs to stop....some of you can't even spell or type...maybe you should stop blogging for a while and watch the show, Are you smarter than a fifth grader. It's very educational... Just stop this nonsense for a while. Also, may I suggest praying and waiting on The Lord. Remember WWJD?

    ReplyDelete
  83. You miss the whole point. This is about a minister that admitted he sexually abused a child in a letter and a police call. Ignoring the evidence does not change the truth. This kind of reasoning does not work in the real world.

    ReplyDelete
  84. If DG should be convicted why was he not??... Because mom asked for $75,000 restitution...(can't have both)... I see no criminal trial on the docket ...I read all the reports .... I read mom is a true Gold digger... and used her child too hook this minister... thoses letter mean nothing.... because if they did you would have a criminal trial pending and go for a conviction... not a pay off.. come on what a game... she is a true scam...

    ReplyDelete
  85. For God so Loved the world that He sent His only Begotten Son!! God gave us the 10 comandments.Ministers are not above obeying spirital or civil laws,It"s so easy to place them in a position above the law Think about a childs trust being betrayed by some one they love,respect and look up to.Don"t forget thats wwwhat this is all about QUCH!!!Let's Pray

    ReplyDelete
  86. That's in the old test.. Its about Jesus ... You wrote civil...just my point !!!!...
    $75,000 was under a civil lawsuite so you can't have both civil and criminal case in one.. The mother picked the the civil case for the money not criminal... Help children that need help and weed out people who set-up people .... because the point is
    if the child was so hurt... money is not what fixes issues.. "TRUTH" truth sets this whole thing free...So my point.... why not a criminal trial with what you say they have "ALL" the evidence ...there has been no TRIAL...dropped for restitution of $75,000 because GD got tagged by the Gold digger mother The legal system is flawed in this case now lets pray

    ReplyDelete
  87. You can say what you want about the mother. Your friend GD has already admitted his guilt in a letter and police call. This not about your friendship with GD, but this about a child who was sexually abused.

    ReplyDelete
  88. To andersonblog,
    has the case between Gerald and the victim been settled out of court as the above person said?

    ReplyDelete
  89. Why is Gerald still at Strawberry Lake Christian retreat? I thought he was dismissed of his Ministry duties? How can he be allowed to be around children at the camp? Come on state of Minnesota, get with the correct program.

    ReplyDelete
  90. Not just the state but, Gospel Crusade Ministerial Fellowship, Gospel Crusade Inc. and all the other organizations that are overseeing Gerald Derstine. How can you let this man still be in charge at the camp? Must be the Mennonite way. Prove me wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  91. Today Gerald Derstine still sells his lies to his supporters, he tells them that his co-workers built more than 600 churches in Romania, and he told them that they must send enough emergency monetary support to build more big churches for Cornel Barcu, Adrian, and Sayeed of the west bank Cornel Barcu and Adrian. They work as taxi drivers; they take the Arabs visiting Romania from the airport and render their services to them. Their services include taking them to the brothels that use young Romanians, then to the gambling places also to the bars to drink alcohol. Gerald keeps supporting them with money and spreading their lies about them in his monthly newsletter.

    ReplyDelete
  92. To the September 11th blogger who wrote 'WWJD'. I have an answer to that. If He came into this situation and saw these people violating people in His name, I think He'd blow a gasket! Remember what He did when He entered the temple and the people were buying and selling? Yep .....I think He would turn the tables and get out the whip. So all of you who are so holy that you can't even let yourselves be angry that these people are doing this to innocent people, I will agree with the question WWJD???

    ReplyDelete
  93. There is more to this than a relatinship between Gerald Derstine, a girl, her mother & family. This is about lack of Discernment, Poor Judgement, Decision making, & Gods CORRECTION on a Man & Ministry. God will not let man continue to cover up SIN.

    ReplyDelete
  94. We are facing a moral issue, and repeated attempts over three years for girl who had not completed fourteen years of age. By those who claiming to be Christ at this end time, in the end I think the issue is between Anderson and Gerald Derstine manipulation will be salted. Think out who will win in the end? Gerald, I think, because he has money and influence
    In case Anderson listen and accepted Gerald offer. Gerald will pay him and the Girls mother, and later will claims he underwent blackmailed, and End Anderson career.
    Gerald thinks himself a man of God, and we say that Anderson is a Saviour sent by the Lord to protect innocent children and senior age that are living at the Christian retreat centers, Anderson have to start an awareness campaign and guidance in these places if he cares about the innocent people.

    ReplyDelete
  95. Some men's SINS are clearly evident, preceding them to Judgement, but those of some men follow later. Likewise, the good works of some are clearly evident, and those that are otherwise cannot be hidden. 1 Timothy 5:24,25

    ReplyDelete
  96. Let you who are without sin be the first to throw the stone!

    May this quote of a Loving Yeshua (Jesus) ring clear in all your ears, this blog has really done more evil than good.

    Let you who are without sin be the first to even pick up a stone, let alone throw it.

    God is God, and I am not! The sad part is that most of the bloggers on this site are a part of the Body of Christ. Where is Love, Forgiveness, and Proper Correction!! I don't think having Roast Pastor for Lunch is very healthy. God Puts a Minister/Pastor into His Position, God will also take him out.

    Everything else said is GOSSIP, One of the Most deadly of God's Hated Sins!! Church... Pray. This is how we will know the Sheep from the Wolves in Sheeps Clothing!!

    I pray for the trauma this child has been put through from a very early age. I also question why the mother did not participate in the counselling sessions..... EVERY ONE!!!
    If it were my child I would be there through thick and thin.

    I pray for God's Ministry, God's Work that has been done through all the years. Let us not forget that we do not boast in our own works, rather we give Glory to God for His Accomplished Work, the True Complete Work of the Cross.

    I pray for all involved, May there be true Peace that comes from this, Nothing Broken, Nothing Lost, Everything Restored!! Shalom!!

    And Finally for All,

    May the Lord Bless You, and Keep You,
    May He Make His Face to Shine Upon You,
    May He be gracious to you.
    May He Lift up His Countenance Upon You,
    And Give You His Peace!!

    The Peace that we receive from Our Prince of
    Peace, Jesus. Don't lose sight, Pray!!

    ReplyDelete
  97. This is about sexually crimes, not about gossip. So you can hide in your religious bubble. The bible talks about conditions and actions on are part for god to fulfill his plan. In other word we must do are part and be responsible and not just expect god to take care of everything without us doing are part.

    ReplyDelete
  98. Until the nineteenth of September in 2009 , time Gerald wrote the letter .Anderson was not able to condemn Gerald, but the will of God made him write a letter of four pages to the mother as much as his message were enough convincing to press on the girl's mother to drop the complaint as much it was sufficient to convict him and put him on trial,
    His hands and acts were wrong, and he must now made his arrangement for his next true plan his upcoming mission in how to preach and give sermons in the corrections centers of prisoners, to be ready to advise to them How they can seduce innocent children
    This plan may be of God plan for him, so pray that the Lord will help him to reveal his heart ,

    ReplyDelete
  99. "I pray for the trauma this child has been put through from a very early age. I also question why the mother did not participate in the counselling sessions..... EVERY ONE!!!
    If it were my child I would be there through thick and thin."

    Very good point, where was the mother during each of the counselling sessions. Would you let your 6 to 10 year old child be in even one counselling session ALONE. OR would you as a Pastor or Counselor allow this to happen alone, you are taught to protect yourself!

    There has to be more to this than we are told, and I agree, the documentation that we can peruse and look over from the phone call, (by the way, the only document I can pull up) is inconclusive. Media has that power, always!

    If there was any shred of Documented EVIDENCE don't you feel that the Authorities would have already intervened. He would be CHARGED NOW!

    I agree with the one who made this original blog, we are way too quick to JUDGE another,
    sin is sin, sexual, theft, cheating on income taxes!! We qualify and quantify sin. Let God be the One who removes him from Ministry IF... the allegations are true.
    UNTIL THEN, pray for all involved, including Gerald and His Family.

    JUST THINK, what a horrible accusation to destroy a Man of God, especially if this was false, and the Mother and Grandparents were after money, or revenge!! Just think of the trauma that this little child is being put through now, if the case is a lie!!! So, would you now file another law suit and next
    would you sue the Grandparents and the Mother if this were true, when does it all stop!!

    Thanks for blogging the previous blog, it has helped me to open my eyes more about Judgement and Forgiveness. As said previously....

    "Let you who are without sin be the first to even pick up a stone, let alone throw it."

    These days must be different, I thought a Man/Woman was innocent until PROVEN guilty.

    As said earlier in the other blog, and I agree, Pray for all involved, Pray for Peace.
    Pray that Evil will not abound, that the Power of God's Authority, Justice and Love will win.

    ReplyDelete
  100. To the person above,you can read the letter and the police call word for word. This minister has already admitted his guilt. God uses law enforcement. When churches try to sweep their dirt under the carpet and their is no accountability, then we need law enforcement to make proper corrections.

    ReplyDelete
  101. The letter and the police call do NOT reflect tone and influction of voice; therefore they can be misread very easily. Gerald saying the he now realizes that some of his actions were offensive to the girl is NOT admitting guilt. It is the simplest form of humility a person can offer. The same hold true for his asking forgiveness. This is humility in it's simplest, yet highest form. This is also what sets a Christian apart from the rest of the world...humility and asking forgiveness for things that we may have said and/or done that in themselves are not wrong. The Bible tells us that if our brother/sister has something against us, we should go to him/her and try to make it right. That is what Gerald was doing in his letter and police call. In the documented call, "ughuh" or "yeah" are most likely words the Gerald used to let the girl know he was listening to what she was saying. Again, anything can be misread or read into. Let us not be too quick to judge.

    ReplyDelete
  102. Still unable to open "letter from Gerald" as this appears to be a closed link......WHY I ask,
    viewers were unable to see letter from back July 30th, HMMMM!!!

    Once again I repeat, there is no criminal action taken against Gerald Derstine. He has been questioned, and the authorities are leaving things at rest.

    Ever wonder if Gerald would counter sue for defamation of character. I know this humble Man of God well enough to let you know that he would rather forgive than to take another Christian to Court.

    Maybe you should focus more on the instability in the family, Grandparents, Daughter, and Grand-daughter. The child is being exploited, this itself will damage her forever! I pray for this child, let her be a child, don't take away what she still has!!

    ReplyDelete
  103. For your information,the police call is made by the victim to Gerald with a the call being taped and a detective on another line. Gerald admits to the girl that he sexually touch her. You are being naive and by not believing the evidence you are being very foolish.

    ReplyDelete
  104. You christians that are putting down the . lawyers. the court system. law enforcement and the mother of the victim. This does not make gerald any less guilty. It shows you are very foolish and does not give christianity a very good witness.

    ReplyDelete
  105. The criminal case is still open, after the civil case more evidence will come forth. I hope they do not settle. God, Gerald and the girl know what happened!1

    ReplyDelete
  106. It is interesting that people can place spititual leaders above the law.Some believe Men serving God could not posibly be guilty of sin!! why do you think denominational churches were able to cover incest for so long, It was a great shock when these many cases first came to light.We did not want to believe it was posible. In these end days God is revealing the truth Praise God we can place our whole trust in HIM. Man will always disapoint us.

    ReplyDelete
  107. A comment was made in the past concerning where Becker County's finances were allocated for trying criminal cases; in particular, Gerald Derstine's. That case did not have the same ability to get a conviction as other cases, and were not a priority when the county money and time was expended.
    They still have the ability to try Gerald after the civil case is completed in a criminal trial with the possibility of prison for him. Check the Detroit Lakes, MN Newspapers (Record and Tribune) for the editorial by the Becker County Attorney who decides which go to trial or not.

    ReplyDelete
  108. Reading all this stuff. Some of you out there are out for a pound of flesh.

    Statistics state that 2 of 3 women have been sexually abused at some point in their life, one in every three men also. Statistics are overwhelming!!

    I am wondering if this hate on for Gerald is stemming from YOUR past hurt, or a possible hatred for the Church.

    Remember, we all have erred, we all have sin in our life, and we all hold on to offence and unforgiveness.

    Whoever is innocent, cast the first stone, for all the rest of us, pray for healing, and stop judging lest you be judged also.

    Only true, unconditional, pure LOVE will bring about this healing. Pray rather than throw stones.

    And I agree with above, can view the steno. copy of the telephone conversation, but the written letter does not come up any more either by pdf or online link.

    Remember the measure or degree that you judge another by, YOU WILL ALSO BE JUDGED!!

    ReplyDelete
  109. This is about child sexual abuse. Not about hate for Gerald or hate for the Church. Ministers and Ministries are not above the law. Your reasoning in not valid and does not make this Minister any less guilty.

    ReplyDelete
  110. Oh you so-called "Christians" are utterly pathetic, odious, small-minded and grossly uneducated little creatures. You'll side with a pervert simply because he is a "Man of God" LOL - no wonder Christianity is such a racket for raising dollars from red-neck morons who'll discount a mountain of scientific evidence but believe anything from a low-rent televangelist who gives you all of the answers. I'm sick of the "Jesus died for you" crap - yeah? Well what the hell has he done for me or the millions of starving, scared and brutalised people lately? Answer nothing. Your isck for believing in God - let me tell you something - if God IS real he is the ultimate deadbeat dad and one sick bastard with a bad sense of humour.

    ReplyDelete
  111. Focus, please. You are attacking Christianity!

    A loving God who Gave His Only Son for utterly pathetic, odious, small-minded and grossly uneducated little creatures.....

    You may see mankind this way, Thank GOD that He doesn't view us that way. One thing you forget, He is a Gentleman, and will walk to the very gates of Hell with You, Hoping You would soften your heart, BUT HE WILL NEVER CHASE OR PUSH YOU INTO A DECISION! A Fool says in His/Her heart there is no God.

    Scientific evidence....I am hoping you are referring to Gerald. Let the facts prove the case. What you have seen or heard, do you know that this is the truth, do you have factual evidence, or could it be doctored, or even entrapment on his behalf.

    This is about Child Sexual Abuse you say. I know the child, the mother, the grandparents and the Pastor personally. I can only tell you this, don't believe everything you read, you might have egg on your face, and find you are rather embarrassed with being so very judgmental and close minded.

    I thought in the Continental USA that a person was innocent until PROVEN guilty. You already have the hangman's noose taught!

    If you are referring to Scientific Evidence regarding Christianity.....this is not the quorum nor is it the place to debate Christian Apologetics. I believe Any Pastor would be able to counsel you to let go of the obvious offence in your heart....without abusing you!

    I like what was said before..... about the first stone. My dad had a saying about being careful not to cast stones when you live in a glass house!! Words to live by!

    ReplyDelete
  112. The king of lies Whatever Gerald does in his entire life is only to satisfy Sayeed of the West bank & Romania and not Jesus , and Sayeed loves the money of Gerald supporters ,Gerald likes Sayeed more than Beulah his wife , he never rejected any request for him, Gerald knows that there is no Saved believers in Romania, and not even one church was built over there , only few catholic villagers his co-workers collecting them while visiting Romania for the camera use and they paid them handful of dollars when Christian visitors leave the place . Gerald writes only the News that lives inside his mind and the mind of his co-workers and they’re from his imaginative brains and all the news is not realistic they never happened

    ReplyDelete
  113. Prayer works this blog does not... come on try real power. Case is almost over, it will be long gone an forgotten... just go to church, love the lord, and move on..

    ReplyDelete
  114. POWER!? LOL - what? The power of denial, self-delusion? Or maybe this so-called "holy spirit" which when it coes down to it means an hour of babbling in tongues (thoroughly and repeatedly dispproved as nonsence by linguists) and being "slain" in the spirit - I've seen magicians do better tricks. When it comes down to it Christianity is a bad magic show - yet you cretins still throw dollars in the bucket - don;t you realise that the whole thing is designed to get you to part with your welfare dollars? Ask yourself this question - is your average Christian more wealthy then the average non-Christian? LOL morons.

    ReplyDelete
  115. This blog does work. Maybe you do not like Ministers being expose. Michael W. Smith latest recording has a song about church abuse. Maybe you think Ministers are above the law, but on the contrary they should be held to a higher standard. Do not be so naive and maybe you should pray for wisdom and discernment.

    ReplyDelete
  116. To all you small minded yet "highly educated" non-believers out there. What happens to YOU after you die??? Any ideas? Oh, and include your "scientific data" to back up your beliefs as well.
    I guess it's just fade to black huh..... Very sad.

    ReplyDelete
  117. PRECIOUS ONE WHO CRITISIZED THE WORKS OF THE HOLY SPIRIT . PLEASE BE CAREFUL BECAUSE YOU COULD BE ON THE VERGE OF BLASPHEMING THE HOLY SPIRIT . THERE IS NO FORGIVENESS TO COME IN THIS WORLD OR THE WORLD HEREAFTER . I PRAY THAT YOU ARE DOING AND SAYING THESE THINGS IN IGNORANCE WHERE THE BLOOD OF OUR LORD JESUS CHRIST WILL STILL FORGIVE YOU .HE LO VES YOU AND WANTS YOU TO COME AND HAVE A RELATIONSHIP WITH HIM BUT YOU ,AS ALL OF US , MUST REPENT ,

    ReplyDelete
  118. Have taken too much Viagra Rev, Gerald

    ReplyDelete
  119. "PRECIOUS ONE WHO CRITISIZED THE WORKS OF THE HOLY SPIRIT"

    So may I ask you this simple question? Does the "Work of the Holy Spirit" include fondling the breats of a 14 year old girl?

    If not, then why the F*ck are you defending this pervert?

    ReplyDelete
  120. I don't get it - why keep up this wholesale defense of "DIRTY-DERSTINE" regardless of the sick disregard of morality of his actions - strikes me that Christians have lost the moral high ground and have descended into pure defense. If there is an "anti-christ" it's the modern christian church.

    ReplyDelete
  121. I have come back to this site through the summer, and I have only one conclusion. This is not about Geerald, or a little girl, this is so much deeper!

    Church, we are cheapening the blood of Our Lord and Messiah Jesus, His finished work of Salvation by adding our imput here. The ones on the attack do not care about His Blood, the Holy Spirit, nor the work of God.

    Ultimately, no matter what man says, what the courts decide, Gerald is accountable to God, and so is the woman making the accusations. Because we live in a fallen world, we qualify and quantify sin. All sin is sin, there is no white lie, no murder that is less or worse than child abuse. Jesus came to forgive all our sin, past present and future.

    This is a good opportunity to focus this whole blog onto the atonement and forgiveness we all desperately need. Receive the gift of Salvation, regardless of Gerald, Michael W. Smith or Billy Graham. It is all about God reaching out and making relationship with us first, He made the first move.

    The rebellion I am sensing is more towards God, not Gerald. That is the primary focus of the heart. Work out your Salvation with fear and trembling. Trust in the Lord your God with all your Heart, and lean not on your own understanding, in all your ways acknowledge Him and He will make your paths straight! It is not too late, oh and....Guard your heart with all diligence for out of it flows all of Life's Issues!!!

    ReplyDelete
  122. Dear Jesus, be with this young lady and her mother as they go through this court process. It was not her fault, it is the perverts fault. Give them strength and many friends and advocates to hold them up and walk them through this. Thank you Jesus.

    ReplyDelete
  123. CLOSE THE BLOG CASE IS CLOSED

    ReplyDelete
  124. Is the case really closed? What was the final outcome? Guilty or not guilty?

    ReplyDelete
  125. Pray, Pray, Pray for an honest settlement for guilty party to admit the truth . Come quickly Lord Jesus!!.

    ReplyDelete
  126. this is totally a bunch of garbage. It was thrown out of court once but they want $$$$$ so they try a different avenue. Come on.... do you honestly think this is true? I grew up around Gerald, many of my friends and family have been around him for years even as children. He is NOT like this and never will be. Pathetic!

    ReplyDelete
  127. what do you mean case is closed? Has the civil case been dropped or settled??

    ReplyDelete
  128. To whom it may it may concern,
    Please continue to pray for all those invovled. Contrary to what is stated above, the case is not closed, it is open and will be for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  129. The last time I was on this blog was a couple of months ago. I am sickened when I read these comments. The people who are quoting 'those who are innocent, or without sin, cast the first stone'...accusing people of judging, etc., they turn around and judge the mother for not being in the room with the girl and Gerald. Double standards ...wow. It's OK to judge the daughter, but not the minister ...total religion! And I will tell each and every one of you who have come against the mother and daughter ....your stance would be different if it were YOUR daughter ..guaranteed. Think about it.

    ReplyDelete
  130. Above statement... Thats if Gerald was guilty (is he?)I see no conviction.

    Do you!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  131. DERSTINE FALSIFIED REPORTS—The 9/11 Christianity Today said: "For twenty two years, Gerald Derstine of Gospel Crusade, Inc., in Bradenton, Fla., inspired his followers with sensational accounts of miracles, mass conversions, and subsequent martyrdoms among Romanian & Arab Muslims in Israel and the West Bank. His supporters responded generously, contributing $3.5 million in 1994 alone...But in March, one of Derstine's Arab ministry leaders (Sayde Almagathe) confessed, in the face of mounting evidence, that the reports were fabrications...In 1988, Derstine began circulating accounts...that thousands of Muslims & Catholic Romanians were converting in the wake of healings, signs, and wonders...Recent visits...confirmed a pattern of misrepresentation and staging of events..."

    ReplyDelete
  132. Any updates-When is the trial

    ReplyDelete
  133. The case was never brought into court- read the paper-it was told to a police down in Detroit. These cases cost too much money for towns that small. The only other route they had to go was bring it to a lawsuit. There were ministers and other people that helped and even suggested that they do this. the case is NOT CLOSED and will not be for some time.

    ReplyDelete
  134. Anonymous said...
    I totally agree with the individual who wrote this post and have recopied it.
    This is really satan "trying to kill, steal and destroy"! God has the last say over all of this!
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

    I have come back to this site through the summer, and I have only one conclusion. This is not about Geerald, or a little girl, this is so much deeper!

    Church, we are cheapening the blood of Our Lord and Messiah Jesus, His finished work of Salvation by adding our imput here. The ones on the attack do not care about His Blood, the Holy Spirit, nor the work of God.

    Ultimately, no matter what man says, what the courts decide, Gerald is accountable to God, and so is the woman making the accusations. Because we live in a fallen world, we qualify and quantify sin. All sin is sin, there is no white lie, no murder that is less or worse than child abuse. Jesus came to forgive all our sin, past present and future.

    This is a good opportunity to focus this whole blog onto the atonement and forgiveness we all desperately need. Receive the gift of Salvation, regardless of Gerald, Michael W. Smith or Billy Graham. It is all about God reaching out and making relationship with us first, He made the first move.

    The rebellion I am sensing is more towards God, not Gerald. That is the primary focus of the heart. Work out your Salvation with fear and trembling. Trust in the Lord your God with all your Heart, and lean not on your own understanding, in all your ways acknowledge Him and He will make your paths straight! It is not too late, oh and....Guard your heart with all diligence for out of it flows all of Life's Issues!!!

    ReplyDelete
  135. What 11 year old girl has a breast?

    ReplyDelete
  136. The case is closed .... the updated records have not been posted..yet in the court house
    because of the holidays...

    Shut the blog down... This is old news ... move on

    ReplyDelete
  137. Can the plaintiff's attorney please verify that this case is closed-Where are you getting this information? Did they settle this lawsuit? Proof please?

    ReplyDelete
  138. wow what God fearing and loving Christian would want a guilty pedafile to go on to abose another child what if this was your child wouldyouwant this crime to go unpunished? do you have any idea how long the court system takes. think about and then pray God forgives you for being so judgemental!!!

    ReplyDelete
  139. This case is by any means not closed. The court system takes for ever and will not be over until July 2012. If you have any evidence for the case please submit it. When somone acts like a father figure...

    ReplyDelete
  140. What is the status of this case? Will criminal charges be files? I am concernd because my sister is deeply involved in The Strawberry Lake Retreat in Ogema Mn. She got married there last summer to a man who supposedly graduated from some type of preaching program they give there. She did not inform anyone in our family at the time, including her only child of the marriage. We only found out within the last few days. They took my mom to see some of the speakers last summer. Upon researching some of their guest spakers I found out that many of them are involvved with "Kingdom Theology", "Manifest Sons of God", "Dominionism", and other heresies. One of the featured speakers calls herself a "prophetess" and claims to know the future. This concerns me.

    ReplyDelete
  141. Worthington Christian Schools (WCS) and Grace Brethren Church (GBC) got caught while deliberately putting thousands of students in danger with several repeat child molesters lead into temptation to molest again, while deceiving and defrauding we parents about it, while the WCS/GBC administrators, their attorney, and some teachers, staff, and parents conspired to cover up their crimes.
    See www.ABCsOfBetrayal.com for details.

    As reported in the Columbus Dispatch newspaper series THE ABCs OF BETRAYAL, the administrators at Worthington Christian Schools (WCS) and Grace Brethren Church (GBC) were secretly recorded during one of their cover-up meetings in which the following statement was made about one of the school’s child molesting Teachers/Coaches (and Youth Directors for elementary-aged children):

    "We understand that if something happens between Dwayne and a student, we will be big-time liable,"
    executive pastor Jim Augspurger said on the recording.
    "That's a risk we take. I think before God we did the right thing and it may not be the worldly, may not even be the most prudent thing, but it is something we have done,"
    he said.
    "We've wiped the slate clean. I understand the situation it puts us in."

    Several months after the administrators got caught committing those serious crimes: a 10-year Conspiracy of Criminal Negligence, Deception, Fraud, and Cover-Ups against we parents, a participant in those crimes publicly stated the following (as also recorded):

    "I was a Lead Pastor here for eight years and a Director Of Junior High Youth Ministries in the past. This is a Watergate. The church covered it up. I was in the meetings. I've known all these years that it was a student. And I was told to get back to wiping noses and not to let it out."

    We parents learned that the school and church administrators had been deliberately putting the students in danger with several known repeat child molesters for many years while the administrators, their attorney, and some teachers, staff, and parents conspired to cover up their crimes against us.

    Those administrators remain in power, remain as a serious threat to unsuspecting consumers, and remain as horrible examples to all students on how to treat your business customers and your fellow man.

    Please join us in standing up for the dignity of God who never ever would approve of deliberately putting children at “risk” with repeat child molesters, while deceiving and defrauding the parents about it, as the WCS/GBC administrators believe “before God” is “the right thing” to do.
    Please do so by informing others about these serious crimes, which are documented with the publicly available, irrefutable, and overwhelming evidence on the Internet web site www.ABCsOfBetrayal.com.

    Thank you,
    Concerned Citizens for Children and Consumers

    ReplyDelete
  142. Case closed yesturday ....no criminal charges
    pressed ...Civil restitution will be paid and the case is closed ...
    move on people .. get a life!!!

    ReplyDelete
  143. Over 40 years of international service and this is the first alleged first case of sexual child abuse. This is pure crap and a very sad abuse of the civil system that allows anyone to allege anything.

    ReplyDelete
  144. who is saying the case is closed-documentation please

    ReplyDelete
  145. Dear Chuck
    People don't usually come forward because of the fear of not being believed. Do you know what it takes for someone to stand up and admit when someone they have been abused. If you do a litle reading and research you would find the cases of abuse you would find out that most cases of abuse never get reported because of what the person has to go through to report it.

    ReplyDelete
  146. I would like to ask the person who has a complaint against Murray Steininger and his Keys of Healing ministry if they have ever filed a law suit against Murray for the abuse they have incurred through Murray?

    ReplyDelete
  147. This case is NOT closed according to the Attorney-this is from there new website-In August of 2010, we filed a lawsuit against Pastor Derstine, Gospel Crusade Inc. and Gospel Crusade Fellowship Inc., for sexual abuse of Plaintiff, a minor, by Gerald Derstine at the Strawberry Lake Retreat in Minnesota. This lawsuit is ongoing in United States District Court, District of Minnesota.

    ReplyDelete
  148. Here is the link----http://andersonadvocates.com/Posts/Blog/721/Lawsuit-Against-Pastor-Derstine-Gospel-Crusade-.aspx

    ReplyDelete
  149. My question was to the person who said that Murray Steininger who has a ministry called 'Keys of Healing' and travels around the country was guilty of sexual abuse. If you scroll back up starting with August 4, 2010 and down to August 25, 2010 there are several serious accusations against this man and his ministry. And then it just stops, as if it didn't exist. Did it actually happen or did it not happen? And how is Murray Steininger associated with Gerald Derstine?

    ReplyDelete
  150. (Referring to Murray Steininger) Yes, believe it or not, it did actually happen. Maybe someone else can clarify the connection to Derstine - I believe Steininger trained under and was affiliated with Derstine in Florida and Strawberry Lake.

    ReplyDelete
  151. I went to Murray one time and felt very uncomfortable. He touched me in inappropriate ways and falsely accused my dad of molesting me as a child. My sister also had a similar experience with Murray. He also had my husband move his arm when he had a broken collar bone, and even though it hurt, Murray told him to "work through the pain," and that as he prayed it would be healed. Afterward, my husband's collar bone was worse than ever and definitely not healed. We all definitely felt things when Murray prayed for us...heaviness, shivers, etc. but I don't think that He is doing God's work.

    ReplyDelete
  152. pastors are to protect,serve and teach. Instead many times they become full of themselves and begin to think they are above the law. they become the abuser,adultery,deceiver. Bishop Eddie long is know reported that he will pay off his victims in civil court. wake up and do not be so easily deceived. these ministries are know being exposed. wake up people.

    ReplyDelete
  153. To the posting above from the person who said Murray touched you in inappropriate ways and falsely accused your Dad of molesting you. How were you able to stop 'believing' that Murray could 'heal' you?

    ReplyDelete
  154. to the above person, make a police report against the abuser. In what state are you living in or what state did it happen to you?

    ReplyDelete
  155. Bishop Eddie Long settles with his victims and preaches the next sunday.
    Talk about a lack of accountability. And to the his members who are still following, shame on you. No wonder these leaders think they are above the law. Christians are the most naive people, no wonder these ministers think they can get away with just about everything.

    ReplyDelete
  156. When is the trial for this case??

    ReplyDelete
  157. I have know Brother Gerald Derstine for many years and have never considered his personality to be one that would even consider such rubbish. It is a lot more likely that Satan has decided that Broher Derstine is getting on his case to the extent that something must be done and created this outrage to the detriment of his ministry. God Bless you brother Derstine. I will keep you in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  158. I too was sexually abused by Murray. It has been years and i can't even talk about it. I am just sorry that the friend who he did the same thing to wanted to go to the police and i could not. I was molested as a child and just couldn't go through this again, however i wish i would have because it breaks my heart everyday to know he and his wife are still out there harming others.

    ReplyDelete
  159. Your friend Brother Derstine admitted his guilt on a control call with a detective recording the conversation with the victim. He also admitted his guilt when he wrote the letter asking for forgiveness. To the person above you must be very blind to not see the obvious guilt.

    ReplyDelete
  160. To the person that says she was sexually abused by Murray as a child (dated June 25, 2011), please tell me what year this happened, how old you were when it happened, and what state it happened in. I don't need any further details as I know that would be painful. Could you tell me if it happened at a camp, church, or home? Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  161. To the person above, make a police report against the abuser. It is not to late.

    ReplyDelete
  162. I believe it was 2006 or 2007, i can't remember. He and his wife came to my home to pray for me, like they did for a lot of other people and yes they too were hurt by this man. I met this man at our church. He does not go to our church anymore. This was in Florida and I was 42 or 43, i was not molested by him as a child that was someone else.

    ReplyDelete
  163. did he attend your church regularly? or was he a visiting minister?

    ReplyDelete
  164. what church was it? the name of the church and the city?

    ReplyDelete
  165. I'm the woman to whom the website about Murray refers. I just want to say that every word on that website is true. I've been in therapy and ministry for nearly 3 years now. Please believe the other women who are telling you their stories. Childhood abuse made me vulnerable to Murray's tactics. He slowly isolated me and convinced me not to tell my family what was happening to me. I was retraumatized through his "ministry", which took place in private, except for the presence of his wife, Denise. Murray and Denise reassured me over and over that the only reason the sexual touch and the bruising and the being held down felt wrong to me was because my past trauma had distorted my ability to see what was good and what was bad. I understand that those of you who haven't lived through childhood trauma wouldn't understand this type of confusion, but Murray did. And he used that knowledge to his advantage. Women who are involved with Murray often display trauma bonding and will defend him at all costs. I experienced that as well. It took a long time and the support of family members, friends and therapists for me to begin to think correctly about Murray. Murray doesn't simply touch women inappropriately, he entraps them emotionally and mentally as well. To those of you who wonder why I haven't pressed charges, I have been in contact with attorneys. At the advice of my therapist, I have chosen, at least for the time being, to focus my energy and resources upon healing. We have received written contact from Murray's spiritual supervisor, admitting that Murray has had these problems in the past and asking us to forgive him and to stop telling people what happened. This we will not do. For now, our top priority is healing. Second to that is our desire to warn others about this man's ministry. Legal action is not out of the question.

    ReplyDelete
  166. What is going on with this case? When is the trial??

    ReplyDelete
  167. To the woman who the web-site is about: Please tell me how old you were when the abuse by Murray took place. Also, would you please tell me what state, and if possible what city this happened in? Did the abuse take place in a home or a church? I am wondering because I have referred people to this man for ministry, but have recently seen a part of him that I have never seen before. Please explain "how" he emotionally and mentally entraps woman. How does this emotional bonding form? And what do you mean by sexual touch? Hugging?...or actually touching private areas?

    ReplyDelete
  168. I was in my 30's when Murray abused me. I don't feel comfortable telling you where I live, but I will tell you that I'm from the Midwest. The emotional and mental entrapment comes partially from being encouraged not to tell anyone what's happening, which creates a great deal of isolation, of course. Murray used other methods common to perpetrators. He used covert grooming methods to discover if and how I was abused. He mixed kindness and supposed longsuffering with reenactments of parts of my childhood abuse. What I mean by reenactments is touching me sexually, wrestling, hitting me with his open hand between the legs, and holding me down. All this reenactment, which he claims brings healing, kept me in a constant mental state similar to the mental state I had been in as a child in similar abuse situations. After spending a great deal of time in therapy, I've come to understand that if Murray, or any perpetrator, can get his victim into that traumatized child mental state, he can keep them responding to his abuse like confused, helpless, victimized children. If I ever questioned him about his methods, he would tell me how much I was hurting him by doubting him. He and Denise would ask how I could hurt them after all they'd done for me. Then Murray would say something like, "If you don't value our ministry, then we'll have to leave." That's the language of an abuser, and it works for Murray because it appears that he chooses at least some of his clients with past trauma in mind. As for the touching, he never touched me under my clothes, but he touched my breasts, my bottom, between my legs, and stood behind me and pushed himself against me from behind. His wife was almost always present.

    ReplyDelete
  169. Thank you for responding to my question. I'm wondering if you could tell me two more things please? What state did the abuse take place in? What kind of things did he say to you about not telling anyone what was happening to you? A certain word, phrase, or sentence for example.

    ReplyDelete
  170. As I said earlier, I'm not interested in revealing my location. As for the conversations with Murray about not telling anyone, his primary reasoning was that my husband, and the husbands of many of his clients, had a "spirit of jealousy" and a gross misunderstanding of his ministry methods. Therefore I should beware of talking about what went on during ministry sessions because he had encountered husbands and others that had overreacted to that information and caused problems. I think that about covers all the information I have for you. I hope that's been helpful. If you have any other questions, most of it's covered in our website, "Keys to healing or hurting".

    ReplyDelete
  171. Thank you very much. You have been most helpful! I know you have already said a lot about your abuse by Murray, but I am wondering if you could please help me by telling me how the emotional bonding took place. For example, did he "befriend" you before the abuse took place? How long were you friends or how long were you receiving ministry from him before the abuse took place? Thank you once again.

    ReplyDelete
  172. Here's more info on the predatory pastor:

    http://christianwinstead.blog.com/2011/08/01/gerald-derstine-the-predator-pastor/

    ReplyDelete
  173. Does anyone from the law firm monitor this blog? When is the trial??

    ReplyDelete
  174. Letters can be forged, phone conversations can be created by editing together from multiple recordings. If there has been proof of child molestation , you are arrested has nothing to do with civil lawsuit. child molestation is a federal offense you get arrested. Something very fishy about all of this.

    ReplyDelete
  175. Not everyone who is guilty of child molestation gets arrested. Some people never report it because they feel that THEY were the ones who are guilty! Not until God releases them from their shame and guilt and helps them to realize that it was not their fault but the perpertrators fault will they be able to admit that it happened to them.

    ReplyDelete
  176. submitted questions here but never get answere of any kind!

    ReplyDelete
  177. Jesus is looking in your hearts.... is this how
    your time should be spent looking at Gerald D. issues....People need to be saved and time is a wasting...

    GODS GOT YOUR NUMBER... DO SOMETHING TODAY FOR
    JESUS>>> YOU... WHO DO NOT BELEAVE>>> WILL BE DOOMED>>> SO GET SAVED BY SALVATION TODAY>>>

    Get out of Geralds life and look at your own...

    ReplyDelete
  178. Haven't been on for awhile, I am the lady who responded on July 25th about the abuse from Murray, to answer the person asking so many questions, all i am going to say is he was a visiting minister and in no way afflicated with any church locally here in Florida. He travels from state to state never putting down any roots. I am learning to forgive him day by day for what he has done to me and all this nasty blogging is not going to change what happened. I do know one thing and i can rest in this and have total peace....God knows what happened and when you mess with a child of God you are messing with God himself. To the ladies that have been hurt out there, i too have been hurt and my heart just breaks for you. You are not alone and God truly does want to heal you and the healing starts with forgivness. Don't get me wrong, i totally believe Murray should pay for what he has done to all of us, trust me he will. We serve a just and loving God and he will not fail us.

    ReplyDelete
  179. Lawsuit against Murray Steininger soon

    ReplyDelete
  180. Keysofhealing.com Murray Steininger case/suit

    ReplyDelete
  181. To answer a question from someone: yes he did pull up my shirt and bra and touch my breast and laughed and said that I enjoyed it. To the contrary, I was gagging and fighting with all my strength to get him off of me as he was crushing me and beating me with his other hand, and complete body. He would befriend some people and others he would assault the first time. He is a con artist and conns many into believing he is good.

    ReplyDelete
  182. He is connected with Christian Retreat and a friend of Phil Derstine as they both put it. He has been encouraged to continue his ministry because he said he was sorry and Christian retreat believes that if you repent even if it is only because you got caught then you are forgiven and continue. They believe in giving a person another chance or several. There are casualties of course, but that happens they say.

    ReplyDelete
  183. To Sept 8 gal, are you still at the retreat?

    ReplyDelete
  184. This may answer some questions: A little to much but here is the papers filed in Minnesota.

    STATE OF MINNESOTA DISTRICT COURT

    COUNTY OF BECKER SEVENTH JUDICIAL DISTRICT

    Case Type: Personal Injury
    _______________________________________

    JANE DOE 134, by and through her guardian,
    MOTHER DOE 134, Case No.

    Plaintiff,
    v.
    COMPLAINT
    GERALD DERSTINE, GOSPEL CRUSADE, INC.,
    GOSPEL CRUSADE MINISTERIAL FELLOWSHIP
    and STRAWBERRY LAKE CHRISTIAN RETREAT, INC.,

    Defendants.
    _______________________________________

    Plaintiff, for her cause of action against Defendants, alleges that:
    PARTIES

    1. Plaintiff Jane Doe 134 is a minor female resident of the State of Minnesota.
    Plaintiff Jane Doe 134 is a minor and was a minor at the time of all sexual abuse and sexual
    exploitation alleged herein.

    ReplyDelete
  185. 1

    2. Mother Doe 134 is Plaintiff Jane Doe’s mother and legal guardian and is an adult
    female resident of the State of Minnesota.
    3. At all times material, Defendant Gospel Crusade, Inc., was and continues to be a
    Florida corporation, authorized to conduct business and conducting business in the State of
    Florida, with its principal place of business located at 1200 Glory Way Blvd., Bradenton,
    Florida, 34212.
    4. At all times material, Gospel Crusade Ministerial Fellowship, Inc. was and
    continues to be a Florida Corporation, authorized to conduct business and conducting business in
    the State of Florida, with its principal place of business located at 1200 Glory Way Blvd.,
    Bradenton, Florida, 34212.
    5. At all times material, Defendant Gerald Derstine, was a resident of Florida with
    his last known address at: 2111 Upper Manatee River Road Bradenton, Florida, 34201.

    ReplyDelete
  186. 5. At all times material, Defendant Gerald Derstine, was a resident of Florida with
    his last known address at: 2111 Upper Manatee River Road Bradenton, Florida, 34201.
    6. At all times material, Defendant Strawberry Lake Christian Retreat Church, Inc.
    was and continues to be a Minnesota Corporation, authorized to conduct business and conducting
    business in the State of Minnesota, with its principal place of business located at 33991 Victory
    Way Drive, Ogema, MN 56569.
    FACTS
    7. At all times material, Gerald Derstine (hereinafter "Derstine"), was under the
    direct supervision, authority, employ and control of Defendants Gospel Crusade Inc., Gospel
    Crusade Ministerial Fellowship, Inc. and Strawberry Lake Christian Retreat Church, Inc.
    (hereinafter collectively “Entity Defendants.”). During all times material, Defendant Derstine, at
    the direction of Entity Defendants was assigned to Strawberry Lake, Inc. as a spiritual counselor
    and religious leader.
    8. Plaintiff attended Strawberry Lake, Inc. with her mother as a camper since
    Plaintiff was a young child. Plaintiff came to know, trust, admire, respect and revere Derstine as
    a counselor and spiritual advisor.

    ReplyDelete
  187. 2

    9. Beginning in approximately August 2007, and continuing until July 2009, when
    Plaintiff was a minor child of 11 to 13 years of age, Derstine sexually abused Plaintiff. The
    abuse included Defendant Derstine groping Plaintiff, touching her breasts, kissing Plaintiff, and
    sitting Plaintiff on his lap when he had an erect penis. This sexual abuse occurred on the
    premises of Strawberry Lake, Inc., in Defendant Derstine’s office and in a motel room on the
    Strawberry Lake, Inc. property.
    10. On information and belief, prior to the wrongful acts committed upon Plaintiff
    Entity Defendants knew or should have known that Derstine was engaging in misconduct similar
    to the misconduct alleged herein.
    11. In a taped telephone conversation conducted by the St. Cloud Police Department,
    Derstine admitted to hugging, kissing and touching Plaintiff’s breasts.
    12. As a direct result of the sexual abuse by Gerald Derstine and Entity Defendants’
    actions, Plaintiff has suffered and continues to suffer severe emotional distress, embarrassment,
    loss of self-esteem, humiliation and psychological injuries with attendant physical
    manifestations, was prevented and will continue to be prevented from performing her normal
    daily activities and obtaining the full enjoyment of life, has sustained and will continue to sustain
    loss of earning capacity and has incurred and will continue to incur expenses for medical and
    psychological treatment, therapy and counseling.

    ReplyDelete
  188. 3

    COUNT I: SEXUAL BATTERY/SEXUAL ABUSE
    (DEFENDANT DERSTINE)

    13. Plaintiff incorporates all paragraphs of this Complaint as if fully set forth under
    this count and further alleges:
    14. In and around August 2007 to July 2009, Defendant Derstine repeatedly inflicted
    unpermitted, harmful, and offensive sexual contact upon the person of Plaintiff.
    15. As a direct result of Defendant Derstine’s wrongful conduct, Plaintiff has suffered
    the injuries alleged herein.
    COUNT II: NEGLIGENT SUPERVISION
    (ENTITY DEFENDANTS)

    16. Plaintiff incorporates all paragraphs of this Complaint as if fully set forth under
    this Count and further alleges:
    17. At all times material, Derstine was employed by Entity Defendants and/or was
    under Entity Defendants direct supervision and control when he committed the wrongful acts
    alleged herein. Derstine engaged in the wrongful conduct while acting in the course and scope
    of his employment with Entity Defendants and/or accomplished the sexual abuse by virtue of his
    job-created authority. Entity Defendants failed to exercise ordinary care in supervising Derstine
    in his assignment and failed to prevent the foreseeable misconduct of Derstine from causing
    harm to others.

    ReplyDelete
  189. 4

    COUNT III: NEGLIGENCE
    (ENTITY DEFENDANTS)

    19. Plaintiff incorporates all paragraphs of this Complaint as if fully set forth under
    this Count and further alleges that:
    20. By establishing and operating a church retreat at Strawberry Lake, Inc.
    encouraging the membership and instruction of minor children within their facilities, accepting
    the membership of minor children, including Plaintiff, and by holding its facilities out to be a
    safe environments, Entity Defendants entered into an express and/or implied duty to provide a
    reasonably safe environment to Plaintiff. Entity Defendants further assumed this duty by holding
    Derstine out to the public, including Plaintiff, as a competent and trustworthy agent, one who is
    safe for children. Entity Defendants breached this duty by exposing Plaintiff to Derstine, an
    unfit agent with dangerous and exploitive propensities.
    21. Entity Defendants by and through their agents, servants and employees, knew or
    should reasonably have known of Defendant Derstine’s dangerous and exploitative propensities

    ReplyDelete
  190. as a child sexual abuser and/or an unfit agent, and despite such knowledge, Entity Defendants
    failed to provide reasonable supervision of Derstine, and failed to remove Derstine from a
    position of trust and authority over vulnerable children, including Plaintiff.
    22. As a direct result of Entity Defendants’ negligent conduct, Plaintiff has suffered
    the injuries and damages described herein.
    COUNT IV: VICARIOUS LIABILITY
    (ENTITY DEFENDANTS)

    23. Plaintiff incorporates all paragraphs of this Complaint as if fully set forth under
    this count and further alleges that:
    24. At all times material, Derstine was employed by Entity Defendants. Derstine was
    under Entity Defendants’ direct supervision and control when he committed the wrongful acts
    described herein. Derstine engaged in this conduct while in the course and scope of his
    employment with Entity Defendants and/or accomplished the sexual abuse by virtue of his job-
    created authority. Derstine=s wrongful acts were foreseeable and Entity Defendants knew or
    should have known of the wrongful acts. Entity Defendants are liable for the wrongful conduct
    of Defendant Derstine under the law of vicarious liability, including the doctrine of respondeat
    superior.
    WHEREFORE, Plaintiff demands judgment against Defendants individually, jointly and
    severally in an amount in excess of $50,000 plus costs, disbursements, reasonable attorneys fees,
    interest, and whatever other relief the Court deems just and equitable.

    ReplyDelete
  191. 5


    Dated: October 14, 2011. JEFF ANDERSON & ASSOCIATES, P.A.


    ____________________
    By: Jeffrey R. Anderson #2057
    Sarah G. Odegaard #390760
    Attorneys for Plaintiff
    366 Jackson Street, Suite 100
    St. Paul, Minnesota 55101
    (651) 227-9990






    ACKNOWLEDGMENT

    The undersigned hereby acknowledges that sanctions, including costs, disbursements, and
    reasonable attorney fees may be awarded pursuant to Minn. Stat. ' 549.211 to the party against
    whom the allegations in this pleading are asserted.

    The case is still going on.

    ReplyDelete
  192. to the gal that said "he" pulled up her shirt and bra and touched her breast while beating her, tell me "who" you are referring to: Gerald Derstein or Murray Steininger? Are you the woman who the web site is about? I always felt very uncomfortable around him but could not put my finger on why, because I knew I struggled with trusting people and I wanted to get over that. A female pastor friend of mine encouraged me to call him for ministry as often as I needed to, so I did, because I wanted to be "FREE" from my trust issues. About a year later, when I finally felt he was a friend, and I could trust him, he got angry with me for not allowing him to "get closer", during a time when he held me tightly to him and tried to get me to put my arms around him, even pushing my head firmly into his chest. He said, "I am not a ten year wait kinda guy, maybe we should stick with phone ministry for a while". He did this while "praying in tongues" for me. Afterwards, he held me in a very firm sort of shoulder lock/side hug and when he let me go I naturally went backwards. He then took a step into my space, and another, until I fell back onto the couch. He was trying to intimidate me. I was shocked at the whole ordeal, and it took me a couple of weeks to really figure it all out. I called my pastor friend to talk to her about it, and she felt there were some questionable things about Murray that she noticed from his past ministry at her church, and thought it was a good idea that I not refer anyone else to him for ministry until he went for healing. I still wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt, and she agreed that she would let me know when she talked to him again. I found out through a friend that Murray recently did a 3 week ministry time at this pastors church, and for part of the time, the pastor was out of town. He was there only a couple of weeks after our conversation about his "ministry" to me.

    ReplyDelete
  193. to the gal above, it was Murray. I am not the woman the web site is about. He also raped me. You were very lucky he left you alone and left. I hope you are not still at the church where this pastor let him be with women and children. She is not trust worthy herself. Any one that would have someone doing ministry that has a history of abuse is deranged herself. What city and state are you in. Minnesota, northern Minnesota, seems to be his places of interest as there are so many little churches that are so trusting. Tell everyone you know and tell them to tell everyone. File a police report and contact Anderson Advocates with the info. I did. Maybe if we all band together we can get this guy off the street and women and children can be safe from him.

    ReplyDelete
  194. Are you or anyone from Baudette, MN? He was frequenting a church there and around the area.

    ReplyDelete

The mission statement of this blog is the sharing of information dedicated to hope, healing and prevention. Please avoid personal attacks and vulgarity. We reserve the right to delete any inappropriate material that does not coincide with our mission statement. Thank you.