Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Outrageous and Manipulative

http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/04/06/india.minnesota.priest.abuse/index.html?iref=allsearch

Outrageous and Manipulative

By Patrick Noaker

What else can you say about the conduct of Fr. Joseph Palanivel Jeyapaul. First he sexually assaults two girls in Minnesota and then he claims to have never even met the girls in an interview on CNN See CNN Interview. As you can see from the attached emails that were sent by Jeyapaul to one of the girls in September 2005, after Jeyapaul returned to India see emails. These emails contain sentences such as “I miss you, I love you” “I miss you I love you, I kiss you, I hug you,” “You don’t understand my deep love, come to India. I love you I want to see you, waiting for two years [the date she turned 18 years old],” “It is because of you I got a bad name with the bishop and your mum.” Apparently Fr. Jeyapaul defines no contact and no communication a little differently than the rest of us. I am not sure what is more outrageous and manipulative, Jeyapaul lying about his crimes or him summoning the holy scriptures from the Beatitudes, Matthew 5:11 “ Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of me” as a defense.

For coverage of other documents referring to Jeyapaul go to www.andersonadvocates.com

3 comments:

  1. You would think that an institution designed to Lead and Protect their flock would have taken a different approach with all of this.
    But as it comes to light it appears that the policy of the church is deeper and darker.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Was reading up locally about the WI Deaf School/Priest scandal. Very Sad. Here is what Matt 18:3 says in their New Jerusalem version of the Bible...what say they to this? "But anyone who is the downfall of one of these little ones who have faith in me would be better drowned in the depths of the sea with a great millstone round his neck." (And it's a more directly condemning translation in King James and The Message.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank goodness there are people who will defend the innocent. It's too bad it can't be the church.

    ReplyDelete

The mission statement of this blog is the sharing of information dedicated to hope, healing and prevention. Please avoid personal attacks and vulgarity. We reserve the right to delete any inappropriate material that does not coincide with our mission statement. Thank you.